Saints @ Packers BOX SCORE
See below for my bullet points on the game.
- Darren Sproles sure made an impression. The dude is good. The number of times I read "Reggie Who?" on my twitter feed rivals the number of times my son says the word "car" in a day. Those Reggie Who? comments were founded because Sproles had the same explosive makeup minus the negative plays. The Saints have a special player there that will make a lot of plays for them on that quick Superdome turf.
- The Packers defense was impressive. How the Saints scored 34 points on them was quite an effort. They were a couple yards away from getting close to 50, too.
- Roman Harper picked up right where he left off in the playoff game against the Seahawks. He was horrible.
- The defensive line got pushed around, generated almost no pressure, and did a poor job holding their ground against the run.
- The linebackers weren't so much bad at tackling as they were slow to the play and unable to hold a block. Vilma and Herring especially were getting blown up left and right on running plays.
- Igram and Pierre Thomas both looked solid, but Ingram got stuffed when it mattered most.
- The receivers were up and down in the game, and the big surprise was that Devery Henderson performed the best of all of them.
- Charles Woodson should have been ejected for punching David Thomas. Period, end of story.
- I don't agree with the pass interference call right before the last play of the game, but I was glad they threw the flag obviously.
- Chris Collinsworth is unlistenable.
- Drew Brees played a whale of a game. His down year last season is clearly behind him.
- The offensive line was up and down. Overall I thought it was a mediocre performance.
- That 108 yard kickoff return by Randall Cobb was absolutely inexcusable. Just shameful.
- The Saints better figure out how to tackle over these next 10 days and fast because the Bears are a physical team that will hit them in the mouth if they don't improve.